Connect with us

EMEA’s Strategic Leap: Acquiring 25 Shops to Revolutionize Retail Betting



A Bold Move in Betting: Acquires 25 Retail Shops AG, a leader in Germany’s betting industry, announces an ambitious retail expansion for its brand. This strategic acquisition of 25 betting shops across Germany marks a significant milestone, setting a new standard in the retail betting landscape and promising to reshape the future of sports betting in the region.

Expanding the Brand

The Düsseldorf-based operator, AG, is on a mission to broaden its retail footprint. By acquiring 25 betting shops from a renowned German sports betting company, the firm aims to significantly enhance the presence of its brand. This move represents a significant step in Pferdewetten’s journey towards becoming a dominant force in the German betting market.

Strategic Acquisition in Phases’s expansion strategy unfolds in two pivotal phases through its newly formed subsidiary, SW Shops. Initially, the company will secure a 30% stake for approximately €6.3 million. The remaining 70% will be acquired by 2026, with the final price contingent on the financial performance of the outlets. This phased approach underscores the operator’s commitment to a calculated and sustainable expansion.

Creating a Dynamic Retail Network

Beyond acquisition, Pferdewetten is set to innovate the retail betting scene. SW Shops plans to establish new outlets by 2026, operating under the franchise. This expansion will not only enhance the brand’s visibility but also offer a modernized betting experience to its customers, strengthening its position in the competitive betting market.


Pferdewetten’s Steady Growth and Future Prospects

As the primary operator of German horse racing betting terminals, Pferdewetten has a rich history dating back to 1997. Since relaunching in 2018, it has grown steadily, boasting three retail stores and 108 acceptance locations. The new expansion, expected to impact financial results from 2027, is a testament to the company’s foresight and CEO Pierre Hofer’s vision for a robust retail network and enhanced shop operations.

Conclusion: AG’s acquisition of 25 betting shops is more than just an expansion; it’s a strategic move that sets a new benchmark in the German sports betting industry. With its focus on rapid growth and enhancing customer experience, Pferdewetten is poised to redefine the retail betting landscape, offering an exciting future for bettors and investors alike in the thriving German market.

Jerome, a valuable addition to the Gamingo.News team, brings with him extensive journalistic experience in the iGaming sector. His interest in the industry was sparked during his college years when he participated in local poker tournaments, eventually leading to his exposure to the burgeoning world of online poker and casino rooms. Jerome now utilizes his accumulated knowledge to fuel his passion for journalism, providing the team with the latest online scoops.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Gamingo.News stands as a premier digital destination dedicated to delivering top-tier news and insights in the gaming and gambling industry. This specialized media outlet garners the attention of over 120,000 readers each month, providing them with engaging content, current news, and in-depth analyses.
The platform offers extensive coverage of various facets of the gaming world, including both online and brick-and-mortar gaming, wagering, esports, updates on regulations and compliance, as well as technological innovations. Regular content includes daily news stories, press releases, unique interviews, and comprehensive reports on events.
Moreover, Gamingo.News organizes webinars pertinent to the industry and offers detailed reports, establishing itself as a comprehensive information source for those interested in learning about gaming market operators, suppliers, regulators, and professional services. The portal's main objective is to keep its large audience informed about the latest news, trends, and developments in the gaming and gambling sectors. It focuses particularly on the European igaming market but also covers significant global news, proving to be an invaluable tool for gaming professionals, operators, and enthusiasts.

For inquiries, reach out at:

For editorial or PR submissions, contact:

Copyright © 2024 Gamingo.News.