Connect with us


The Oklahoma Senate does not advance sports betting bill



Despite being passed by the House, House Bill 1027, which pertains to sports betting, fails to advance in the Oklahoma Senate as further discussions with tribal representatives are sought by the Senate.

Oklahoma’s House Bill 1027, sponsored by state representative Ken Luttrell, did not pass the Senate committee before the deadline, resulting in a delay of at least one year before the potential advancement of sports betting in the state.

For two consecutive years, Luttrell had introduced a bill advocating for the legalization of sports betting. He explained that HB 1027 did not progress because the Senate required further discussions between the tribes and the governor. The bill had received approval from the House with a 66-22 vote and would have permitted tribes with existing gaming compacts to conduct in-person and retail sports betting.

As of now, approximately 35 tribes in Oklahoma provide various forms of gambling. The proposed bill suggested that the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission would regulate sports betting, subject to an agreement on a tribal-state compact. Under this bill, tribal operators would be required to pay a percentage of their gross gaming revenue as follows: 4% on the first $5 million of annual revenue, 5% on the subsequent $5 million of gross revenue, and 6% on revenue exceeding that amount.


The proposed bill outlined a distribution plan for the tax revenue generated from legal sports betting. Specifically, 12% of the taxes raised would have been allocated to the general revenue fund, while the remaining 88% would have been directed towards the Education Reform Revolving Fund. Luttrell estimated that the legalization of sports betting would contribute approximately $9 million annually to the state budget.

Jerome, a valuable addition to the Gamingo.News team, brings with him extensive journalistic experience in the iGaming sector. His interest in the industry was sparked during his college years when he participated in local poker tournaments, eventually leading to his exposure to the burgeoning world of online poker and casino rooms. Jerome now utilizes his accumulated knowledge to fuel his passion for journalism, providing the team with the latest online scoops.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Gamingo.News stands as a premier digital destination dedicated to delivering top-tier news and insights in the gaming and gambling industry. This specialized media outlet garners the attention of over 120,000 readers each month, providing them with engaging content, current news, and in-depth analyses.
The platform offers extensive coverage of various facets of the gaming world, including both online and brick-and-mortar gaming, wagering, esports, updates on regulations and compliance, as well as technological innovations. Regular content includes daily news stories, press releases, unique interviews, and comprehensive reports on events.
Moreover, Gamingo.News organizes webinars pertinent to the industry and offers detailed reports, establishing itself as a comprehensive information source for those interested in learning about gaming market operators, suppliers, regulators, and professional services. The portal's main objective is to keep its large audience informed about the latest news, trends, and developments in the gaming and gambling sectors. It focuses particularly on the European igaming market but also covers significant global news, proving to be an invaluable tool for gaming professionals, operators, and enthusiasts.

For inquiries, reach out at:

For editorial or PR submissions, contact:

Copyright © 2024 Gamingo.News.